According to experts the number of kids coming into foster care will spike dramatically this summer. With kids at home with parents in crisis, many of cases have gone unreported. Why? Because the people who have a duty to report such as teachers, daycare workers, and pediatricians aren't seeing children right now. We need to join together as the Church to train new foster families to be ready care for the influx of these vulnerable children and youth as stay-at-home policies are lifted.
HOW CAN YOUR CHURCH MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
1. INSPIRE YOUR FAMILIES TO FOSTER?
2. BECOME A FOSTER ADOPTION FRIENDLY CHURCH
A CHURCH WHERE...
- Caring for vulnerable children is part of the church culture
- Everyone in the congregation is consistently reminded to care for vulnerable children
- Foster, kinship and adoptive families find encouragement and practical support
- Children who have experienced trauma, grief and loss can grow into the people God designed them to be
3. DONATE TO PROJECT 1.27
When you give to Project 1.27, your gift makes it possible for children to have foster and adoptive families prepared to parent in ways that promote hope, healing and a bright future.
Our team would love to hear more about your church and explore how we can work together to train more foster families.