Our goal is to make the process of becoming a certified foster parent as clear as possible. From providing Colorado state approved training to helping families navigate paperwork, Project 1.27 Case Managers are available to help the whole way through.
ATTEND AN INFO MEETING
Info Meetings allow you to learn more about the process and ask any questions you have.
MAKE A COMMITMENT
Turn in commitment forms at Info Meetings or submit later to the office administrator.
Case Managers will guide you through the Project 1.27 training program.
VERY HELPFUL PEOPLE
"Project 1.27 is a family with lovely and very helpful people. They make the trainings interesting and very informative with a Christian base."
Join us at an Info Meeting to learn more about the Colorado foster care system and Project 1.27. Project 1.27 Info Meetings explore the big picture of foster care and adoption, allowing families to consider all the various ways to serve children in foster care. Info Meetings fulfill the first two hours of state training, offered from a Christian perspective. Attending an Info Meeting is required to become a Project 1.27 family.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Understand a Christian’s responsibility found in James 1.27
- Receive an overview of the child protection system
- Understand the foster and adoptive parent certification process
- Gain insight about children in foster care and their specific needs
- Meet an experienced Project 1.27 family
- Learn about Project 1.27’s unique training and support
- Ask questions and meet the staff of Project 1.27
- Complete commitment forms and pay $100 fee