What does Project 1.27 do?
Project 1.27 serves as a bridge between the Christian community and foster care system. In Colorado we engage, inspire, recruit and resource churches and families to serve children in our community through faith-based family preservation, kinship care, foster care and adoption. Project 1.27 also encourages and supports the development of similar ministries across the U.S. through our 1.27 National Network.
Is Project 1.27 another adoption agency?
Project 1.27 is not an agency at all, but rather it is a ministry. Project 1.27 instead walks alongside parents during their foster/adoptive journey and serves as a bridge between the church community and the county departments. Project 1.27 does not place children or youth, nor do we offer any formal counseling.
What resources are available through Project 1.27?
- Biblically-based training for foster and adoptive parents certification.
- Support of a seasoned case manager.
- Access to advanced parent training.
- Resources for churches to engage effectively in serving kids in foster care through foster care and adoption ministries.
- Coaching and resources for starting a 1.27 National Network ministry.
What is the process for becoming a foster parent?
Why should I work with Project 1.27?
- Project 1.27 is biblically based, trauma-informed and relationship-focused.
- Learn about foster care and adoption before choosing a certification agency.
- Adds an additional layer of support from your experienced Project 1.27 Case Manager.
Why are the services through Project 1.27 so inexpensive?
- The majority of costs are covered through the support of donors to keep the cost to families affordable. Consider making a donation.
- Project 1.27 also relies on churches, grant monies, business sponsorships.
What are the ages of kids in Colorado’s foster system?
Children in foster care range in age from 0-18 years old. The average age of a child available for adoption from foster care is 10 years old.
What other opportunities are there for me to care for children in foster care?
- Financially support Project 1.27.
- Encourage your church to be more involved.
- Attend and invite friends to Project 1.27 events.To keep in touch with current events, sign up for our newsletter.
- Spread the word about the need for foster families.